POLICE OFFICER II **REPOST**
|Department||MDH Potomac Center|
|Date Opened||2/11/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/14/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,173.00 - $52,938.00/year, with potential growth to $64,201.00|
|HR Analyst||Michelle Johnson|
RECRUITMENT REPOSTED. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT REAPPLY.
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Potomac Center, Hagerstown MD
Main Purpose of Job
As a Police Officer, this position will provide security and ancillary services at Potomac Center, a State Residential Center for Individuals with developmental disabilities. This position must act at all times consistent with Commission certification requirements and in accordance with all relevant Regulations, Standards, Policies and Procedures including: Maryland State Police Training Commission; Departments of Budget and Management and Mental Health and Hygiene; Title 17 CODE OF MARYLAND REGULATIONS; MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING; Office of Health Care Quality; ICF-MR; Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services; statutory requirements; Risk Management; Emergency Preparedness; Annotated Code of Maryland; State Personnel and Pensions Article; and Potomac Center.
Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Experience: Six months of experience as a certified law enforcement officer.
Notes: 1. The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland, Public Safety Article, Section 3-207.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a non-commissioned officer in Protective Service classifications or Law Enforcement specialty codes in the Military Police Officer field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a police officer certification as required by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission at the time of application. PLEASE UPLOAD COPY OF CERTIFICATION TO APPLICATION.
2. Applicants formerly certified by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission as a police officer within the past three years who are eligible for recertification at the time of appointment meet the certification requirement for this classification. The recertification criteria are listed in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.04.01.07, available at the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission.
3. Employees may be required to possess or obtain a special police commission inaccordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland, Public Safety Article, Section 3-209.
1. Selection standards for police officer certification are established by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland, Public Safety Article, Section 3-207. These selection criteria are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.04.01.04 and include the following: U.S. Citizenship, Must be at least 21 years of age, Satisfactory background investigation, including a check of criminal history, Oral interview, Physical examination, Possession of a driver's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the employer with a phone number where they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to bear firearms and to demonstrate practical knowledge and proficiency in the safe use and care of firearms on a periodic basis as required by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission. 4. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.