COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE II
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||1/28/2019 10:45:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/11/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$21.53 - $34.36/hour|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Howard County Health Department
8930 Stanford Blvd.
Columbia, MD 21045
Main Purpose of Job
To provide medical case management services to individuals on pre-exposure prophylaxis.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and one year of experience as a Registered Nurse for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute two years of experience as a Registered Nurse for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classification or Nursing or Health Care Specialist specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with performing HIV/STI screenings
- Experience processing intake
- Experience with customer service with clients, patients and/or providers in a health setting
- Experience with providing patient counseling/education
- Experience with conducting outreach events
-Experience with providing in-person and telephonic case management to clients, preferable clients on HIV therapy or Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
-Experience with navigating various health insurance plans and assisting clients with the application process
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Employees in this classification will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.