COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE PROGRAM MANAGER
Home Health Director
|Department||MDH Local Health - Garrett County|
|Date Opened||2/5/2019 10:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/19/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,257.00 - $70,659.00, with potential growth to $87,110.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Roderick Howard II|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH/Garrett County Health Department, Home Health Division, Oakland, Maryland
Main Purpose of Job
This position will be responsible for the overall administration of the Home Health Program. This position will be accountable for all activities and services provided by Home Health. This position will also plan, implement and direct nurses and client services, in order to assure quality care and appropriate quantity of services.
Education: A Master’s degree in Nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience as a Community Health Nurse in an administrative, supervisory, consultative, or teaching capacity, or one year of experience as a Community Health Nurse and two years of experience in an administrative, supervisory, consultative, or teaching capacity as a Registered Nurse.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university and two years of experience as a Community Health Nurse, for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and three years of experience as a Community Health Nurse, for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a Commissioned Officer in the Nursing classification or Nursing, or Health Care Specialist specialty codes in the Nursing field of work, on a year-for-year basis, for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The desired candidate should have supervisory experience, as well as experience with organizing and/or coordinating activities for a program or organization.
The desired candidate should also have Home Health experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Employees in this classification will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application, based on your education, training and experience, as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
Please report all related education, experience, dates, and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this, or other, State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to, 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division, at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service, at 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.