COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE PROGRAM MANAGER
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||7/2/2019 2:26:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/16/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$59,914.00 - $78,078.00/year (with potential growth to $96,197.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Howard County Health Department
8930 Stanford Blvd.
Columbia, MD 21045
Main Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for the managerial level of developing, implementing and evaluating programs of nursing services for patients in various community settings and clinics provided at the Howard County Health Department (HCHD) as the Deputy Bureau Director. These programs include but are not limited to: Reproductive Health, Tuberculosis/Refugee Health, Vaccine Preventable Disease/Immunization, Rabies Care Coordination, Lead Poison Prevention, Maternal Child Health and Vision and Hearing Screening.
Education: A Master’s degree in nursing or related field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience as a Community Health Nurse in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity or one year of experience as a Community Health Nurse and two years of experience in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity as a Registered Nurse.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university and two years of experience as a Community Health Nurse for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and three years of experience as a Community Health Nurse for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classification or Nursing or Health Care Specialist specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215. A copy of your license or license number should be uploaded with your application.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.