Regional Occupational Health Nurse
|Department||DPSCS OSEC Administrative Services|
|Date Opened||8/2/2019 11:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/16/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,476.00 - $79,203.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Denise Carter-McCormick|
LOCATION OF POSITION
18415 Roxbury Road
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Main Purpose of Job
This position provides care within the scope of nursing practice to employees in a State Public Safety and Correctional facility. This position also provides infectious disease prevention, prevention of occupational hazard exposure, consultation/referral, and general health assessments to state employees.
Conducts annual health assessments for respirator fit testing of mandated positions and Correctional Dietary Officers.
Occupational infectious disease prevention: Tuberculosis evaluation and Hepatitis immunization.
Provides education at Academy and in-service settings that complies with the directives of occupational health.
Administrative processes, record keeping, ATR designation for drug testing, and communication/collaboration with supervisors and other regional agency staff.
Provides general occupational nursing care to employees.
Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
Assesses the current health status of employees receiving care.
Works with the Occupational Health team in developing and implementing appropriate nurse care measures, health programs and care plans.
Interprets agency policies, objectives and services to employees.
May provide counseling, guidance and education necessary in the treatment of occupational health.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Registered Nurses.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Proficient in electronic data entry.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
2. Employees in the classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with the Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Room 608, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.