THERAPEUTIC RECREATOR II **REPOST**
|Department||MDH Spring Grove Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||2/12/2020 10:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/26/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,988.00 - $50,191.00/year, with potential growth to $61,649.00|
|HR Analyst||Michelle Johnson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Spring Grove Hospital Center, Central Intake Unit
55 Wade Avenue
Baltimore MD 21228
Main Purpose of Job
The position will perform at the full performance level, designing, planning, implementing and evaluating a comprehensive therapeutic recreation program in order to promote the physical, cognitive, mental, emotional and social behavioral growth of the mentally ill patients of the Spring Grove Hospital Center with primary responsibility to the Central Intake Unit. This position will act as the liaison therapist for Rehabilitation Services for an assigned area.
This position will receive general supervision from a Therapeutic Recreator Supervisor and does not supervise, is considered Emergency Essential, is required to have and maintain a valid Maryland Driver's License and be able to drive a State vehicle in accordance to the State of Maryland Policies and Procedures for drivers of state vehicles.
"RECRUITMENT REPOST. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT REAPPLY"
Education: A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in therapeutic recreation or recreation with a major in therapeutic recreation from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of experience performing therapeutic recreation work in the treatment of mentally ill, aged, physically ill, or physically disabled patients or developmentally disabled clients.
Notes: 1. Current certification as a Therapeutic Recreator from the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification may be substituted for the education requirements.
2. Experience as a professional therapeutic recreator, under the supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist, licensed Physical Therapist or certified Activity Therapist, which included the responsibility for clients’ assessments and the planning, implementation and evaluation of clients’ recreation therapy treatment in a mental health or developmental disability setting may be substituted for the education requirement on a year for year basis. Experience assisting in these responsibilities will not be accepted as qualifying experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Physical Therapy classifications or Physical Therapist and Medical Specialists specialty codes in the therapeutic field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in some positions in this classification may be required to operate vehicles which require a specific motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
4. Employees in this classification at facilities with a swimming pool may be required to obtain Red Cross instruction and certification in Life Saving and Water Safety prior to appointment.
Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, are required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.