VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR SUPERVISOR
|Department||DPSCS-Eastern Correctional Institution|
|Date Opened||6/28/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/12/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,476.00 - $59,260.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kigen Waugh|
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university to include 30 credit hours in social sciences, journalism, or public relations or a related field.
Experience: Four years of experience involving planning, coordinating and evaluating volunteer activities in a state facility, institution or community-based program.
1. Additional experience as defined may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Graduate level education in social sciences, journalism, public relations or related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for experience at a rate of 30 college credits for one year of the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Two years of Supervisory experience
- One year of experience conducting presentations to community groups
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Persons appointed to positions in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside of the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation will be required prior to hire. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.