COMPUTER INFORMATION SERVICES SPECIALIST I (C17033/102327)
|Department||DHCD - Div of Information Technology|
|Date Opened||7/9/2019 3:50:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/23/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$18.46 - $23.76/hour (Grade 13, Base - Step 09 with promotion potential to $29.18)|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Scriber|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience responding to and resolving help desk calls from users of computers, or operating computer equipment for the purpose of data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, data base or other applications.
Notes: 1. Additional experience responding to and resolving help desk calls from users of computers, or operating computer equipment for the purpose of data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, data base or other applications may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Nine credit hours in personal computer applications at an accredited institution may be substituted for the required experience.
3. Completion of a certification program in computer repair, such as Microsoft A+ or an equivalent program, may be substituted for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information Systems specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Six months of professional experience as a help desk technician or technical assistant
- Six months of experience performing system integration
- COMPTIA A+, COMPTIA NET +, and/or Microsoft Certified Professional certification
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. However, if you wish to submit a paper application, you may mail your application and materials to:
Mr. Christopher Scriber,
Department of Housing & Community Development,
Office of Human Resources,
7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD 20706.
All application materials must be received by the filing deadline. If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please send via email to Christopher.Scriber@maryland.gov. Please include the following information in the body of the email:
- Attn: Mr. Christopher Scriber, HR Generalist
- Your First and Last Name
- Recruitment #
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment
Incorrect application forms, or resumes in place of the application, will not be accepted. If you are interested in these positions and cannot apply online please fill out the paper application. For questions concerning these positions, please call 301-429-7414.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.