COMPUTER NETWORK SPECIALIST MANAGER
Information Technology Division
|Department||COMP Controller IT Services|
|Date Opened||6/18/2019 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/2/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,168.00 - $93,395.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jodi Reilly|
OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
This is a Management Service position. The incumbent will serve at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
The Computer Network Specialist Manager, serving in the Information Technology Division - Distributed Systems team, will lead and manage team members and is responsible for the planning, design, improvement, and implementation of various IT Infrastructure-related tools, systems, and methodologies. The incumbent will apply expert knowledge in the operations and performance of a wide variety of enterprise applications, security, virtualization, and much more. The position also performs vendor, contract, and life-cycle management of many products and tools within their area of responsibility.
PLEASE NOTE: ITD is responsible for the 24x7x365 support for ADC mainframe, distributed systems, and networks. All ITD employees are available for on-call support. As such, this position is required to occasionally work an off-hour schedule, weekdays prior to 7:30 a.m. and / or after 5:00 p.m., weekends, and holidays.13.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or other information technology-related to include coursework in local or wide area networks.
Experience: Five years of experience as an IT Systems Administrator planning, designing and implementing and maintaining software services. Three years supervising/managing (technical specialists, systems engineers, and database specialists).
- Thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software may be substituted for the required education.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the IT field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Expert knowledge in advanced logging systems such as Splunk or LogRhythm.
- Expert knowledge of all components of Windows System Center, including Configuration Manager (SCCM), Operations Manager (SCOM), Service Manager (SCSM), and Orchestrator (SCORCH).
- Advanced Powershell or other scripting languages. -Familiarity with IRS, PCI, NIST, FISMA, GDPR, and other security controls
- Experience with virtualization products (Hyper-V, VmWare-Knowledge of networking technology
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
- High levels of analytical problem-solving and organizational skills are a must for this position
- Experience with Citrix, XenDesktop and Provisioning Services
- Solid troubleshooting skills
- Ability to self-learn, act on own initiative and work in a dynamic environment
- Strong customer service skills
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to demonstrate that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Please indicate clearly any position-specific experience and ensure all education and experience sections are complete. Incomplete information may result in the disqualification of your application.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
*Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above, including a resume and unofficial copy of you college diploma or transcripts; however, resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the selected candidate must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.This background check is comprehensive and may involve fingerprinting. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last 4 digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at email@example.com
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-6622 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.