EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES COMMUNICATION OPERATOR I
|Department||MD Institute for Emergency Medical Svcs Systems|
|Date Opened||8/12/2019 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/2/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,174.00 - $53,658.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tameria Hammock|
The Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS) oversees and coordinates all components of the statewide EMS system in accordance with Maryland statute and regulation. This includes planning, operations, evaluation, and research. In addition, MIEMSS provides leadership and medical direction, conducts and supports EMS educational programs, operates and maintains a statewide communications system, designates trauma and specialty centers, licenses and regulates commercial ambulance services, and participates in EMS-related public education and prevention programs.
MIEMSS provides the executive support for the EMS Board in reviewing and approving the budgets for agencies receiving funds from the EMS Operations fund, developing and promulgating regulations and protocols, proposing EMS system legislation, licensing/certifying and disciplining EMS providers and conducting other EMS Board business. MIEMSS also provides the administrative and staff support or the Statewide EMS Advisory Council (SEMSAC) and five EMS regional councils.
LOCATION OF POSITION
653 West Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience receiving, relaying and dispatching medical information from an emergency medical communication system as an operator or from the field as a pre-hospital care provider.
1. Additional experience as described above may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Emergency Communications or Management classifications or Emergency Communications or Management specialty codes in the Emergency Management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification must obtain and maintain an Emergency Medical Technician certificate valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees are subject to call 24 hours a day and will be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact S. Hudson at 410-767-4910.
MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|