IT PROGRAMMER ANALYST I (C12008/227552)
|Department||DHCD - Div of Information Technology|
|Date Opened||8/5/2019 12:14:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$22.22 - $28.78/hour (Grade 16, Base - Step 9 with promotion potential to $35.47)|
|HR Analyst||Kathleen Hubbard|
This a contractual position with limited benefits
Work That Matters The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is a nationally recognized leader in affordable housing programs. The department is committed to enhancing our Information Technology capabilities. We are recruiting for an IT Programmer Analyst I adept with developing in a team environment, and skilled in the use of VisualStudio.Net, SQL databases and other programming tools.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field.
Experience: Six months of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
1. Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing and maintaining hardware and software, on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Six months experience with Microsoft VisualStudio.Net
- Six months experience developing software in a team environment
- Six months SQL database development, or Dynamics CRM development
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. However, if you wish to submit a paper application, you may mail your application and materials to:
Mrs. Kathleen Hubbard
Department of Housing & Community Development
Office of Human Resources
7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD 20706
All application materials must be received by the filing deadline. If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please send via email to Kathleen.Hubbard@maryland.gov. Please include the following information in the body of the email:
Attn: Mrs. Kathleen Hubbard, HR Coordinator
Your First and Last Name
Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment
Incorrect application forms, or resumes in place of the application, will not be accepted. If you are interested in these positions and cannot apply online please fill out the paper application. For questions concerning these positions, please call 301-429-7418.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|