IT PROGRAMMER ANALYST II
|Department||DAT Office of Information Technology|
|Date Opened||4/12/2019 1:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/26/2019 1:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,034.00 - $76,896.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Arhin|
Do you lead to inspire and are you committed to process improvement and meaningful change? At State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT), we are building a team whose members thrive on initiative, creativity and challenge as the status quo. We want our customers to be able to utilize any of our services from the comfort of their own home. No more standing in line or spending money on stamps and envelopes. To accomplish these goals and more, we need someone with a genuine passion to lead an Information Technology team from supporting a mainframe to developing applications in the Cloud. SDAT takes public service seriously and is one of the leading agencies for great customer service. We need to modernize our legacy systems to leverage new technologies to become a complete customer-centric agency. We invite you to become a part of our team and make a difference in public service. ARE YOU READY TO MAKE A MEANINGFUL DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AND PURSUE YOUR CAREER PASSION WITH A NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED LEADER? ABOUT US.
The Maryland State Department of Assessments and Taxation was established in 1959 and was assigned the administrative functions formerly given to the State Tax Commission. The Department has broad responsibilities including: (1) assessing all real property in the State, (2) supervising the real and personal property tax structure of the State, (3) creating and maintaining State records that establish corporations and other business entities, (4) administering programs for State property tax exemptions and credits, and (5) publishing statistics and reports.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation
Office of Information Technology
300 West Preston Street, Baltimore, MD. 21201
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field.
Experience: One year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
1. Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and application programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing and maintaining hardware and software, on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Experience with AWS services such as: S3, EC2, VPC, Lambda, API Gateway, Cognito, RDS, Cloudwatch, CloudTrail, IAM
Experience with business systems analysis, legacy transformation, case management or secure web portal systems.
Experience developing and delivering software and/or applications using Scrum and Agile software development practices and their integration with DevOps practices to achieve a continuous delivery cycle.
Experience with the software development life cycle.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to:
Department of Assessments and Taxation, Office of Human Resources, 300 W. Preston St., Room 511, Baltimore, MD. 21201.
Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Assessments and Taxation, Office of Human Resources at 410-767-1140.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov
MD TTY Relay Service.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|