IT PROGRAMMER ANALYST, LEAD/ADVANCED
|Department||DNR - Information Technology Service|
|Date Opened||7/1/2019 1:40:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/15/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,152.00 - $82,089.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Khia Poteat|
Recruitment reopened. Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
This is a position specific recruitment for the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, Information Technology Service. This recruitment will be used to fill current vacancies for the position and may be used to fill future vacancies in the same classification/function. Future vacancies may also be filled via other recruitments.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Annapolis, MD (Anne Arundel County)
Main Purpose of Job
The Department of Natural Resources, Information Technology Service is currently accepting applications for an IT Programmer Analyst Lead/Advanced. This position is a full performance position responsible for all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) including: analyzing, planning, designing, developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining custom developed software applications for the Department of Natural Resources. This position will also take the lead on Geographic Information Systems (GIS) projects.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field.
Experience: Two years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
1. Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credits from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and application programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing and maintaining hardware and software, on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants must meet the minimum and selective qualifications to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Applicants must have one year of professional experience developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining web and mobile applications using Microsoft Visual Studio, C#, Microsoft SQL Server, and Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) GIS Software.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Two years of experience with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Project).
Four years of development experience on Information Technology related projects using Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft SQL Server.
Four years of experience developing with C#.
Four years of experience developing SQL databases, SQL queries, and stored procedures.
One year of experience developing web applications.
One years of experience developing mobile applications.
One year of experience with GIS development.
One year of experience leading meetings and working with a team.
Highly effective oral and written communications skills including the ability to develop clearly written, understandable and complete English project/user documentation.
Experience developing and delivering software under agile methodologies.
Employees in this classification may be subject to call 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where the employee can be reached. Employees may be furnished with a pager or cell phone.
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important you provide all the experience and education related to this position completely and accurately. Verifiable volunteer experience will be considered; please include it on your application, if applicable.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
Department of Natural Resources
580 Taylor Avenue, C-3
Annapolis, MD 21401
The Human Resources Department is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Khia Poteat at
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.