IT PROGRAMMER ANALYST, LEAD/ADVANCED
Sr. GIS Analyst
|Department||DoIT Application Systems Management|
|Date Opened||6/10/2019 08:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/24/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,152.00 - $82,089.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cindy Mann|
The Department of Information Technology (DoIT) provides vital technology solutions that allow the Executive Branch, State Agencies and Coordinating Offices to provide Marylanders with services that enable them to live and work more safely, efficiently and productively.
The Geospatial Services Team is one of the teams responsible for applying and safeguarding the state’s most valuable asset, data, for the purpose of improving government efficiencies, reducing government costs and lowering risk of Executive Branch, State Agencies and Coordinating Offices, to better serve the citizens of Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Information Technology (DoIT)
100 Community Place
Crownsville, MD 21032
Main Purpose of Job
This position will evaluate existing workflows and data and provide recommendations on how to use Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to drive business decisions. This position is responsible for business needs assessment and requirements gathering; data evaluation; solutions planning, development, and evaluation; system design and specifications; script development; solutions implementation and support; data analytics; documentation, and training support; and marketing and customer outreach.
Platform Administration: This position will perform administrative tasks to ensure optional platform performance and escalate concerns/issues/fixes/suggestions, to the vendor, as needed.
Solutions Development: This position will engage customers and complete business needs assessment and requirements gathering and develop system design and specifications, including script development for automation.
Solutions Operations: This position will troubleshoot developed solutions, including responding to incident and problem tickets and identify, and make accessible, resources (videos, manuals) to support operational needs.
Innovation: This position will identify strategies for optimal use of unexplored data platforms and visualizations and develop innovative solutions for improving the collection, analysis and/or mapping of data.
Documentation: This position will develop and/or revise platform policies, standards, and procedures, where appropriate and develop and assemble application documentation to include source data information, operating instructions, program documentation, and user documentation.
Outreach: This position will work with customers to upgrade and expand the use of data and analysis and attend meetings, conferences and other related events to remain engaged with customers.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field
Experience: Two years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools
1. Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credits from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and application programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing and maintaining hardware and software, on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics and/or Science or Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
It is preferred that the required experience be in these areas:
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software platforms (i.e. - Esri)
- Open source geospatial products and solutions
- Working in the relationship database platform Microsoft SQL Server
- Writing SQL queries and developing Python code
- Developing in an ETL framework
- Analysis and integration of JSON, XML, CSV and similar data formats
Employees in this classification may be subject to call 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where the employee can be reached. Employees may be furnished with a pager or cell phone.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|