IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST II
|Department||OPD General Administration|
|Date Opened||5/14/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/14/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,152.00 - $82,089.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janynee Covington|
The Office of the Public Defender is a statewide independent agency charged with providing superior legal representation to indigent defendants. The agency’s vision is Justice, Fairness and Dignity for All. Employees are committed to the core values of culture of excellence, client centered representation, tenacious advocacy, and are united in achieving the agency’s mission.
OPD has a centralized Information Technology headquarters office located in Anne Arundel County and numerous field locations to include local OPD offices, courthouses, local detention centers and mental health hospitals. The Information Technology Division provides department-wide technology planning, acquisition, policies, connectivity, and support for a broad portfolio of infrastructure and applications operating in an enterprise caliber environment.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Anne Arundel County Information Technology Division
989 Corporate Drive
Linthicum, Maryland 21090
Main Purpose of Job
The Systems Administrator provides day-to-day system administration and operational support of the technology infrastructure for the Office of the Public Defender (OPD). The Systems Administrator performs ongoing systems maintenance and administration activities related to: systems patching, server/network configuration, and backup, system performance, and security monitoring. The position is also responsible for execution of various other operational and projects tasks associated with technology infrastructure initiatives. This position may travel to various agency sites to perform special work requests and/or provide training.
The incumbent within this position must possess the technical expertise, and knowledge of principles and practices of supporting Windows (in an enterprise environment), network security, LAN/WAN communications, and server management operating in a high-availability environment. Must have the ability to participate effectively on project teams to help drive successful completion meeting timeline, quality and budget targets. Must be able to communicate effectively with IT Department staff, as well as end users and third-party providers. Must have the ability to perform technical system recovery and troubleshoot a broad array of devices and configurations across a multi-site footprint.
Essential job functions the incumbent within this position will complete include serving as the point of initial escalation for technology incidents and requests including remediation of network and/or server-related incidents, execution of approved network and server requests, and collaborating/mentoring service desk staff. Additionally, this position will assist with incident management related to system performance, hardware and software support, and deployment of laptops, desktops, and printers. The incumbent will also deploy and configure network devices that include switches, routers and wireless access points.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology related field to include course work in machine or assembler computer languages, and operating system and data communication technology for multipurpose, multi tasking computers.
Experience: One year of experience maintaining and modifying operating systems for multipurpose, multi tasking computers.
1. Thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology related field to include course work in machine or assembler computer languages, and operating system and data communication technology for multipurpose multi tasking computers may be substituted for the required education.
2. One additional year of experience maintaining and modifying operating systems for multipurpose, multi tasking computers may be substituted for the required education.
3. Experience operating multipurpose, multi tasking computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining a tape library to process data on multipurpose, multi tasking computer systems; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using third generation or other generally accepted computer programming languages; or designing, developing and maintaining communications networks may be substituted for high school on a year for year basis.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· (3)+ years of prior experience operating in a similar system administrator role.
· Direct hands-on experience with troubleshooting and support computers, servers, and network devices operating in a multi-site environment based on Microsoft technology.
· Working knowledge with modern security, system patching, and threat protection best practices, tools, and technologies that are used to protect an enterprise level computing environment.
· Working knowledge of LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi configuration and troubleshooting concepts.
· Working knowledge of common support and system administration tasks related to supporting email in a Microsoft Exchange/Outlook based messaging environment.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in these classifications may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year.
Online Applications Preferred. Please fax all paper applications and questionnaires to (410) 333-2260. Inquiries regarding applications and submitting paper applications can be directed to:
Office of the Public Defender,
Human Resources Division,
6 Saint Paul Street, Suite 1304,
Baltimore, MD 21202; or by calling (410) 767-8500, toll free: 877-430-5187; TTY users call Maryland Relay Service 800-735-2258.
Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing. A paper copy of the MD State application form and questionnaire can be downloaded from the link below.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.