IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST II
Information Technology Division
|Department||COMP Controller IT Services|
|Date Opened||9/23/2019 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,687.00 - $84,552.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jodi Reilly|
OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTSThis is a position specific recruitment. The resulting certified eligible list may be used to staff several current and future vacancies for this position/function only.
LOCATION OF POSITION
The Comptroller of Maryland IT Division is seeking an individual with expert knowledge of Enterprise Client-Server Applications to join a team responsible for planning, designing, implementing and maintaining complex mission critical IT infrastructure and customer facing systems. The ideal candidate will have a diverse technical background, be comfortable supporting complex applications, work-flows, Windows servers, and SQL databases. The ability to communicate effectively and comprehend complex applications and work-flows in order to interpret the needs of business users is key.
ITD is responsible for the 24x7x365 support for ADC mainframe, distributed systems, and networks. All ITD employees are available for on-call support. As such, this position is required to occasionally work an off-hour schedule, weekdays prior to 7:30 a.m. and / or after 5:00 p.m., weekends, and holidays.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology related field to include course work in machine or assembler computer languages, and operating system and data communication technology for multipurpose, multi tasking computers.
Experience: One year of experience maintaining and modifying operating systems for multipurpose, multi tasking computers.
- Thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology related field to include course work in machine or assembler computer languages, and operating system and data communication technology for multipurpose multi tasking computers may be substituted for the required education.
- One additional year of experience maintaining and modifying operating systems for multipurpose, multi tasking computers may be substituted for the required education.
- Experience operating multipurpose, multi tasking computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining a tape library to process data on multipurpose, multi tasking computer systems; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using third generation or other generally accepted computer programming languages; or designing, developing and maintaining communications networks may be substituted for high school on a year for year basis.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Intermediate knowledge in the following is desirable:
- Azure Active Directory (AD) including GPO, DNS, DHCP
- Microsoft System Center, including Configuration Manager (SCCM), Operations Manager (SCOM), Service Manager (SCSM), and Orchestrator (SCORCH)
- SQL Server database management
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2 and higher
- Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
- Powershell scripting
- Citrix, XenDesktop and Provisioning Services
- Logging systems such as Splunk or LogRhythm
- 5+ years managing business critical Enterprise Applications
- Employees in this classification may be subject to call 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where the employee can be reached or will be furnished with a pager.
You must submit a copy of your unofficial transcripts or foreign evaluation for this recruitment in order for it to be determined that you possess the required credits to meet the minimum qualifications. If this information is not provided your application may be disqualified.
Please indicate clearly any position-specific experience and ensure all education and experience sections are complete. Incomplete information may result in the disqualification of your application.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. *
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. Approval of your application will be based on a review of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. This background check is comprehensive and may involve fingerprinting. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six- month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last 4 digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-6622 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.