IT QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST
|Department||MD Health Benefit Exchange|
|Date Opened||6/12/2019 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/30/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,152 - $66,533/year with potential growth to $82,089|
|HR Analyst||JasCiel Stamp|
LOCATION OF POSITION
750 E. Pratt Street, 6th Floor, Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to ensure that MHBE software meets quality standards and Service level agreements (SLA) and that all products are defect free and compliant with established technical specifications. The position leads the maintenance of test scripts and test data repositories and development of QA and testing procedures and standards; and coordinates independent verification and validation (IV&V) vendor activity, system test and user acceptance testing (UAT) teams.
- Provide technical guidance to MHBE IT staff and vendors in support of the analysis, design, testing, and deployment of all business applications.
- Coordinate testing and QA activities between MHBE business staff and Vendors.
- Document and communicate risks associated with the agreed test strategy and the system test plan.
- Maintain product consistency throughout project life-cycle, through quality checkpoints and testing.
- Assist in the development and management of quality assurance metrics for performance management/improvement.
- Establish quality improvement and regression testing processes.
- Develop test plans for multiple releases to measure success and evaluate potential risks.
- Plan and coordinate execution of system and acceptance tests and plans.
- Support production validations of all testing deliverables and achievement of testing milestones.
- Lead troubleshooting and high tier support in collaboration with vendors.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field with course work in systems analysis and programming, operating systems or information technology quality assurance.
Experience: Two years of experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field with course work in systems analysis and programming, operating systems or information technology quality assurance may be substituted for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and one additional year of experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming language may be substituted for the required education.
3. Experience operating computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output to process data on computer systems; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages may be substituted for high school education on a year-for-year basis.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Information Technology Management classifications or Information Technology Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Prior experience in the following: planning, executing and certifying test results, as well as; conducting Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V) of IT solutions and presenting production release meetings.
Understanding State Based Marketplace (SBM) functions, qualified health insurance plans, federal tax credits, cost-sharing subsidies, carrier transactions and Medicaid policy.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor
vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's
license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on
your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be required to
complete a supplemental question. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate
information on your application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined
by a foreign credential evaluation service will be requires before the time of hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may
submit a paper application and resume to:
Maryland Health Benefit Exchange
Attn: Office of Human Resources or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
750 E. Pratt Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Applications must be received no later than the close of business on the closing date.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling:
410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service at, 1-800-735-2258
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any employment action against you.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|