IT STAFF SPECIALIST
|Department||DHS - Baltimore City DSS|
|Date Opened||5/13/2019 3:20:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/27/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,034.00 - $76,896.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
OTHS/Baltimore City IT (BC-IT)
1510 Guilford Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
This position supports the Baltimore City Department of Social Services (BCDSS) Information and Telecommunications Systems within the Department of Human Services (DHS) by maintaining and providing Information and Voices Services to all BCDSS jurisdictions including network end users and the DHS affiliated sites. The incumbent in this position operates under the guidance of the Office of Technology and Human Services (OTHS)/Baltimore City IT (BC-IT)/Telecom Unit's System Development Team within DHS. This position oversees OTHS/BC-IT multi-service provider bi-weekly Work Request meetings; coordinates resource assignments, schedules and completions; makes recommendations to improve the Work Request business process; develops and delivers Work Request training to agency staff; documents all Internal Systems Development Unit operational procedures for business continuity to ensure best practices and to standardize delivery of service; provides mobile device support to the BC-IT/Telecomm Unit in planning, budgeting, equipment evaluation/selection, activation and encryption of cell phones and tablets ordering and billing for BCDSS telecomm needs; processes, coordinates, resolves, and documents Telecom related Incidents and Service/Work Requests for BCDSS staff and locations through configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and technical support of mobile telecommunications equipment and other wireless accessories; provides support through a contractor or vendor for analog telephone equipment and customer service to BCDSS and DHS service partners; runs and analyzes telecomm billing and usage reports; and maintains multiple asset management databases.
This position provides customer and technical support for BCDSS Incidents and Work Requests pertaining to smart phones, tablets, and other mobile equipment including activation, encryption, programming, and distribution of smart phones; provides work order support for analog phones, voice over internet protocol and other non-mobile equipment and services such as: hotlines, call boxes, monitoring systems; escalates trouble call to DHS/OTHS's Central Office or to vendor services such as: OTHS/Voicecomm; encrypts and programs Android and other mobile devices issued to BCDSS staff; investigates call activity as needed for BCDSS Executive Office and/or BCDSS/DHS; provides findings discreetly and expeditiously; assists with site moves and new facilities set-ups; participates on multiple task forces and project teams to determine the feasibility and requirements for introducing new or enhanced telecomm solutions to BCDSS staff; coordinates and participates with vendors and other technical staff for the support and evaluation of mobile devices, network server equipment, and related software; provides security and administration of all local applications servers serving BCDSS end-user community; provides access and system rights to users; perform daily back-ups and facilities recovery of stored data as needed; may participate on multiple projects, from planning through implementation in support of strategic initiatives; provides customer support for analog, voice over internet protocol, and mobile telecommunications devices including activation, encryption, programming, and distribution; runs and analyzes billing and usage reports; maintains multiple asset management databases; and performs other related duties as assigned.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or other information technology related field to include course work in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or in operating systems and data communications technology.
Experience: One year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or maintaining and modifying operating systems for computers.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or other information technology related field to include course work in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or in operating systems and data communications technology may be substituted for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and one additional year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or maintaining and modifying operating systems for computers may be substituted for the required education.
3. Experience operating computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining a tape library to process data on computer systems; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining microcomputer hardware and software; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages may be substituted for high school education on a year-for-year basis.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information Systems specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
1. One year of experience managing or performing telecommunications operations for cellular telephones, air cards, mifis, tablets, mobile device operating system software, telephone/cellular accounts billing and reporting, as well as communications with telecommunication vendors for State, private agencies or local governments.
2. One year of experience overseeing and coordinating the facilitation of meetings/conference calls.
3. One year of experience using Enterprise Mobile Device Management software and/or Telecommunications databases and vendor portals in the management of cellular devices.
4. One year of experience using Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint to create reports, spreadsheets, managed databases and presentations.
5. One year of experience using Remedy ticket tracking or similar software for documenting incidents and resolutions of I.T. issues.
6. Possess excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 142, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay. As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|