IT ASSISTANT DIRECTOR I
|Date Opened||8/6/2019 1:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/22/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$59,914 - $87,533|
|HR Analyst||Cissy Blasi|
The State Treasurer’s Office IT Division supports the Maryland State Treasurer’s Office’s disbursement, receipts and reconciliation of moneys of the State, as defined in Article VI, Section 3, of the State Constitution. The Office disburses over 7 million payments per year.
The Maryland State Treasurer's Office is seeking an independent, self-starter to serve as the Assistant Director of Information Technology. The position is responsible for the assistance of planning and building programs and managing and supporting all of the technology platforms that are used by the Maryland State Treasurer's Office (STO). In addition to providing all network services to the agency, the IT Division manages specialized systems utilized by the Administration, Accounting, Banking and Insurance divisions. As such, the Assistant Director serves as an integral part of the oversight of these systems. These systems currently run in-house developed programs in tandem with commercially developed software, providing the agency with highly customized applications that address its specific needs.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for managing specialized projects as part of the Division's five year plan, as well as coordinating IT activity in the work areas of technical support and supervision of technical support staff, data base management, networks, information services, security administration, systems analysis and project management. This position acts as the Director in the absence of the IT Director.
STO IT is currently migrating in-house systems to a Microsoft Cloud based environment utilizing Microsoft Dynamics applications, of which this position will serve as the transition lead and subject matter expert.
Microsoft Azure/Dynamics Products Specialist
- Manage the performance, integration and security of Microsoft Windows servers and applications on both a Microsoft Azure Cloud platform to include: email, network switches, firewall, windows based client workstations, printers, OS and software.
IT Systems Security Manager
- Develops, implements and manages IT Security controls to protect agency against IT internal and external cyber risks.
STO IT Infrastructure Manager
- Maintains and oversees maintenance of STO mission critical applications executing on all STO platforms.
Help Desk Manager
- Manages and provides Help Desk support for the STO.
Performs the functions of the Director in his/her absence
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other related field.
Experience: Two years of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area microcomputer or minicomputer networks.
(1) Hands on experience architecting, configuring and managing a Microsoft Azure Commercial Cloud supporting applications running under Dynamics.
(2) 1 year of experience managing security enterprise for local, remote and external web based users.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
(1) Experience managing a hybrid Microsoft Cloud and local platform;
(2) Experience analyzing Microsoft announcements for relevance and impact to systems;
(3) Experience with managing technical staff
(4) Exposure to executive level management/senior level representatives
(5) Previous experience with IT modernizations leading to cultural business changes in small organization (ex. 100 users or less)
General Questions about this recruitment can be directed to HR at 410-260-6382
Please upload a current resume for this recruitment.
If you do not have access to the Internet and need to fill out a paper application please forward to:
Maryland State Treasurer's Office
80 Calvert Street, Room 109
Attention: Human Resources or Fax 410-260-4090
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank your Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users call via Maryland Relay