IT ASSISTANT DIRECTOR II
DIRECTOR OF TECHNICAL SERVICES
|Department||DLLR - Office of Information Technology|
|Date Opened||5/31/2019 3:12:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/14/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$62,063.00 - $80,935.00/with potential growth up to $99,644 year|
|HR Analyst||Tenisha Tunstall|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Direct the daily activities of technical services support personnel which includes full-time State employees and Contractual personnel that includes areas of systems development/analysis, functional interaction, information specialists and quality assurance.
- Coordinates with development teams to schedule application move ups and updates to the development, test and production environments within DLLR.
- Work with DoIT to ensure there are adequate hardware and support resources in place to help DLLR meet its customer service requirements.
- Work with DoIT to create long range plans for maintaining current systems and having adequate resources for new and expanded systems.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or other information technology related field to include course work in database management systems.
Experience: One year of experience designing, developing, implementing, maintaining and controlling database management systems for computers.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate plus thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or other information technology-related field to include course work in database management systems may be substituted for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and one additional year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or maintaining and modifying operating systems for computers may be substituted for the required education.
3. Experience operating computer systems; scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining a tape library to process data on computer systems; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages may be substituted for high school education on a year-for-year basis.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Professional experience in networking, server management and production operations using a cloud environment
Experience with Windows 2012 and 2016 in a virtual computing environment
Experience using Microsoft Azure
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Human Resources
Attn: Tenisha Tunstall 19-004497-0009
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information, please contact Tenisha Tunstall at 410-230-6298 or via email Tenisha.Tunstall2@maryland.gov.
The MD State Application Form can be found online
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.