SOCIAL WORK THERAPIST, FAMILY SERVICES
|Department||DHS - Washington County DSS|
|Date Opened||4/11/2019 2:40:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,034.00 - $76,896.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Scott Waddel|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Washington County Department of Social Services
Child Welfare Unit
122 N. Potomac Street
Hagerstown MD 21740
Main Purpose of Job
A Social Work Therapist in Family Services is the full-performance level of professional social work providing specialized clinical casework services to individuals and families in local departments of social services. The Social Work Therapist provides clinical social work services to children, adolescents, young adults and families. The Social Work Therapist will function as the primary therapist for children and adolescents and their biological and foster parents.
This position will also be responsible for completing psychosocial and diagnostic assessments and making mental health diagnosis based on procedural guidelines. This position will work closely with other social work staff to discuss and evaluate information to develop a comprehensive treatment plan.
The Social Work Therapist must maintain client files to include diagnostic interviews at initiation of therapy, treatment plans, weekly progress notices, periodic reviews and termination summaries.
EDUCATION: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
EXPERIENCE: One year of experience in independent clinical practice providing specialized clinical casework services.
1. These education requirements are established by the Social Services Administration by authority provided in the Health Occupations Article, Section 19-302 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Human Resources does not have the authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a Certified Social Worker-Clinical by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to permanent appointment.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees who have not already done so must complete an approved training program and pass a competency test before being granted permanent employment status.
2. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the Department of Human Resources. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to provide the employer with a telephone number where they can be reached.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position.
You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 134, Baltimore, Maryland 21201. All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
Please upload any requested supporting documentation.
If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment. If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|