SOCIAL WORK THERAPIST, FAMILY SERVICES
CLINICAL THERAPIST FOR CHILDREN IN OUT-OF-HOME PLACEMENT
|Department||DHS - Baltimore City DSS|
|Date Opened||10/10/2019 1:19:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/24/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,476.00 - $79,203.00/year|
|HR Analyst||LaToura Jones|
THIS IS A POSITION SPECIFIC RECRUITMENT FOR BALTIMORE CITY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES.
LOCATION OF POSITION
BALTIMORE CITY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
CHILD WELFARE/ OUT OF HOME PLACEMENT
3007 E. BIDDLE STREET
BATIMORE, MD 21213
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of the position is to provide clinical services, support, therapeutic/crisis intervention and case consultation to children in out of home placement (OHP) experiencing emotional and/or mental illness due to the effects of trauma caused by abuse and neglect. The job duties will include providing direct clinical therapy and assessment to children who require immediate attention or are not involved with a regular therapist due to placement instability. This position will also review cases and provide clinical consultation to OHP staff on appropriate clinical treatment for children in OHP as well as complete referrals for specialized clinical services as needed. The position will work closely with OHP staff and receive supervision and oversight by the agency psychiatrist. At all times, the incumbent will provide customer serviced to both internal and external customers that meet or exceed the standards set by the Department.
Provide individual, group, family & crisis intervention therapy to children, youth and families in OHP. Assess strengths, weaknesses and needs and develops clinical treatment plans and participate in the development of Service Plans for children, youth and families in OHP. Coordinate with other agencies, internal programs and community partners and complete referrals for specialized services as needed for children, youth and families in OHP.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
Experience: One year of experience in independent clinical practice providing specialized clinical casework services.
1. These education requirements are established by the Social Services Administration by authority provided in the Health Occupations Article, Section 19-302 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Human Resources does not have the authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. One year of experience in Child Welfare Services (public or private agency).
2. Two years of experience providing clinical services to children and families.
3. Experience preparing treatment plans/strategies.
4. LCSW -C
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a Certified Social Worker-Clinical by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to permanent appointment.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees who have not already done so must complete an approved training program and pass a competency test before being granted permanent employment status.
2. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the Department of Human Resources. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to provide the employer with a telephone number where they can be reached.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 135, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882.
Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.