FISCAL ACCOUNTS CLERK II
|Department||MSP - Office of the Superintendent|
|Date Opened||7/11/2019 1:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,307.00 - $47,317.00/year|
|HR Analyst||William Boniarski|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland State Police Headquarters
Finance Division / Payroll Unit
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
The main purpose of this position is full performance level of work reviewing, verifying, adjusting and auditing work in the Payroll Unit of the Maryland State Police, Finance Division as assigned by the Fiscal Accounts Clerk Supervisor, Fiscal Accounts Clerk Manager, Finance Director and/or Deputy Director of the Office of Strategic Planning Command. The incumbent will assist in the processing of bi-weekly payroll to ensure that all deadlines are met.
Conduct payroll audit tasks required to ensure that the payroll cycle is completed with accuracy meeting deadlines established by the Department of Budget and Management (DBM), as well as, the Central Payroll Bureau (CPB) according to documented and established policies and procedures. Completes payroll tasks as assigned by the Fiscal Accounts Clerk Supervisor or the Fiscal Accounts Clerk Manager in the Payroll Unit.
Conduct Payroll Audits identifying and researching anomalies by running the payroll results summary in SPS Workday several times each week as regular and contractual pay periods end on alternating weeks.
Review and/or prepare automatically generated/calculated worksheet(s) and sends to the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) from the Statewide Personnel System (SPS) "Workday" for the accurate processing and distribution of restorative monies for payroll actions.
Ensure that mail received in Payroll is sorted, distributed, filed and handled accordingly.
Maintain records within the unit's purview according to the records retention and disposal schedule.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, Manager and Supervisor.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience reviewing, verifying, recording, adjusting and balancing financial transactions.
1. Experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required high school education.
2. Six credit hours in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. A minimum of five courses or six months of accounting-related training in a vocational training program in subjects such as journalizing transactions, analyzing transactions into debits and credits, posting to a general ledger, payroll, bank reconciliations, accounts payable, and accounts receivable may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Desired/ Preferred Qualifications:
1. Experience working in a Finance Division / Payroll Unit reviewing, verifying, adjusting and auditing salary and wage entries.
2. Experience working at the Federal, State, County or Local levels of government.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police
Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: William Boniarski
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.