FISCAL ACCOUNTS TECHNICIAN II
|Department||PSC General Administration and Hearings|
|Date Opened||10/8/2019 10:45:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/22/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,174.00 - $53,658.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jesse Filamor|
LOCATION OF POSITION
William Donald Schaefer Tower
6 St. Paul Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience reconciling agency accounting systems to fiscal control systems or developing automated spreadsheets, ledgers and reports using accounting software packages or identifying budget trends and recommending budget realignments.
1. Candidates may substitute experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience and knowledge of the principles and practices of bookkeeping.
2. Experience in developing report formats and preparing financial reports.
3. Knowledge of governmental budget methods and procedures related to expenditure projection and monitoring.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Jesse Filamor at 410-767-4921, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.