FISCAL ACCOUNTS TECHNICIAN II
|Department||DHS - Charles County DSS|
|Date Opened||10/9/2019 1:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/23/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,174.00 - $53,658.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
CHARLES COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
200 KENT AVENUE
LAPLATA, MD 20646
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience reconciling agency accounting systems to fiscal control systems or developing automated spreadsheets, ledgers and reports using accounting software packages or identifying budget trends and recommending budget realignments.
1. Candidates may substitute experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
The ideal candidate would possess:
1. One year of experience using the Maryland Children's Electronic Social Services Information Exchange (MD CHESSIE), Financial Management Information System (FMIS), and/or Automated Financial System (AFS).
2. One year of experience processing accounts payable and accounts receivable.
3. One year of experience researching fiscal transactions.
4. One year of experience providing customer services to both internal and external customers.
5. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills..
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 137, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.