FISCAL ACCOUNTS TECHNICIAN II
|Department||DGS Administrative Services|
|Date Opened||10/15/2019 12:52:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/29/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,174- $53,658/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Mojisola Ogungbe|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is available in the Fiscal Services Division for the Department of General Services (DGS) with the Payroll Unit; located at 301 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to perform the day-to-day operations of the payroll unit within the Department of General Services. The payroll unit is responsible for monitoring time and gross payroll for all DGS employees (approximately 60 budgeted programs/sub-programs with 607 permanent and contractual employees) utilizing the SPS WORKDAY SYSTEM. This position is also responsible for processing and auditing daily cash/check payments into Cash-pro online banking system ensuring that each payment is applied accurately to correct program cost account and in compliance with General Accounting Division (GAD) guidelines.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to: ·
- Review and verify payroll reports to ensure timely completion of time sheets submission on alternative weeks for regular and contractual employees abstracted from SPS Workday.
- Audit the approved timesheets for accuracy and compliance with federal and state laws, policies, and regulations regarding timekeeping.
- Correct time sheets using documentation received from managers/supervisors or Human Resources Office by adjusting time for employees in SPS Workday.
- Enter time for employees in their absence or their immediate supervisor’s absence in SPS Workday.
- Process an average of 400 cash receipt payments received monthly in FMIS and online banking following GAD guidelines.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience reconciling agency accounting systems to fiscal control systems or developing automated spreadsheets, ledgers and reports using accounting software packages or identifying budget trends and recommending budget realignments.
1. Candidates may substitute experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualifications. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
- One-year fiscal services experience with a State of Maryland agency is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience using Financial Management Information System (FMIS) is preferred.
- Experience with SPS Workday is preferred.
Please provide sufficient information on your application to support that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications MUST BE submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. We highly recommend that you submit your transcript when you apply for the position.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job – Verification will be completed by the appointing authority. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of an examination. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week. You must include on your application the time spent on such activity. You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Applicants are encouraged to upload proof of education (transcripts), professional licenses and certifications, when applicable, during the recruitment process as these items will be required at the time of selection.
Contact email@example.com or call 410-767-1386 with questions about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. Apply online at www.dbm.maryland.gov – click on the State Jobs tab. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay