ACCOUNTANT I **REPOST**
|Department||MDH Local Health - Worcester County|
|Date Opened||2/1/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/16/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,053.00 - $52,921.00/year, with potential growth to $65,138.00|
|HR Analyst||Michelle Johnson|
RECRUITMENT REPOSTED. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT REAPPLY.
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH/Worcester County Health Department (All Sites), Administration Unit, Snow Hill, Maryland
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to function as the Accountant for the Worcester County Health Department (all sites) in preparation of and/or management of budgets, internal auditing activities, cash collections, accounts payable, and/or internal control monitoring. This position may be frequently required to travel to all sites within our agency.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing. ***A copy of your official or unofficial transcript(s) should accompany your completed application for verification purposes.***
Experience: One year of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.***A copy of your official or unofficial transcript(s) should accompany your completed application for verification purposes.***
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required experience. ***A copy of your official or unofficial transcript(s) and/or certification should accompany your completed application for verification purposes.***
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Experience working in a State or other government agency
Experience involving preparation and/or management of budgets
Experience managing a Purchase Card program (i.e. training, reviewing, and submission of forms/declarations)
Experience managing inventory and/or Accounts Receivable control accounts
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.