|Department||Department of Aging|
|Date Opened||10/16/2019 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/30/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,053.00 - $65,138.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Althea Gibson|
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: One year of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year of intermediate experience with Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint
One year of experience with R*Stars and ADPICS
One year of experience in Account Receivable, Billing, and Account Payable
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If the online application process is not available, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire (by the closing date) to:
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
301 W. Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
For questions regarding this recruitment, contact S. Hudson at 410-767-4910.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.