|Department||DHS Family Investment Administration - Operations|
|Filing Deadline||2/18/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,186.00 - $54,500.00/year with potential growth up to $67,144.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Scott Waddel|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Allegany County Department of Social Services
1 Frederick Street
Cumberland, Maryland 21502
Main Purpose of Job
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Two years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred
qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
1. One year of experience preparing monthly bank reconciliations.
2. One year of experience reviewing expenditures for compliance with accounting and auditing requirements.
3. One year of experience reconciling accounting records and preparing journal entries.
4. One year of experience Microsoft Excel and/or Microsoft Dynamics 365.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 133, Baltimore, Maryland 21201
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have questions concerning this recruitment, please call 410-767-7414.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay