|Department||MDE - Water and Science Administration (WSA)|
|Date Opened||11/26/2019 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/16/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,669 - $56,417 w/progression to $69,505 (State Salary Guidelines apply to State employees).|
|HR Analyst||Olivia Finley|
The Water and Science Administration, Operational Services and Administration is recruiting for an Accountant II. This is a position specific recruitment for the Maryland Department of the Environment. This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies for this position/function only. The resulting certified list will be maintained for one year. Persons interested in future vacancies within this classification must re-apply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Water and Science Administration
Operational Services and Administration
1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Two years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience in accounts receivable
- Experience in cash receipts
- Experience with budget preparation
- Experience with State of Maryland Financial Management Information Systems (FMIS) and R*STARS
- Experience with referring accounts to the State of Maryland Central Collection Unit
- Ability to multitask
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The Maryland Department of the Environment does not sponsor individuals in the application of the H-1B Visa. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you apply.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the state application. If you are unable to apply online or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation you may submit a paper application, required documentation, transcripts and addendums via fax 410-537-3966, email: email@example.com or mail to:
Olivia Finley, Recruitment & Examination Division
Office of Human Resources
Reference Number: 19-004547-0017
1800 Washington Blvd Baltimore MD 21230
The MD State Application Form can be found online.
PLEASE NOTE: The Maryland Department of the Environment participates in the E-Verify Program.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay