|Department||DLLR - Office of Administration|
|Date Opened||5/7/2019 2:05:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/21/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$45,123.00 - $58,430.00/with potential growth up to $72,030.00 a year|
|HR Analyst||Tenisha Tunstall|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Three years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Experience with Maryland State government accounting
Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Experience with FMIS (Financial Management Information System) software
Experience with budget preparation and analysis
Experience with grants and grant accounting
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Human Resources
Attn: Tenisha Tunstall 19-004549-0004
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information, please contact Tenisha Tunstall at 410-767-2772 or via email Tenisha.Tunstall2@maryland.gov.
The MD State Application Form can be found online
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.