Finance Division/ General Accounting Unit
|Department||Maryland State Retirement and Pension Systems|
|Date Opened||11/25/2019 11:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/9/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,477.00 - $74,191.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jacqueline Wallace|
The Maryland State Retirement Agency is the administrator of the Maryland State Retirement and Pension System (“System”). The System is a defined benefit retirement system covering governmental employees within the State of Maryland. The System has more than 400,000 participants (customers), including members who are actively employed and participating in the System, payees who receive a monthly payment from the System, and 50,000 vested members who are no longer actively employed but have earned a benefit that will become payable at a future date.
The Agency's Finance Division General Accounting Unit has an opening for an Accountant Advanced position.
LOCATION OF POSITION
120 East Baltimore Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Three years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and detailed explanation on your application regarding the qualifications.
* Three or more years of experience working with multiple ledgers in an integrated financial accounting software system. Traverse software a plus.
* Three or more years of experience performing monthly closings and year-end closings;
* Three or more years of experience performing cash reporting, cash reconciliations and cash projection;
* Three or more years of experience with ACH, EFT and bank transactions.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the minimum for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application.
Due to the confidential nature of the work, selected candidates must undergo and pass a background check.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is not available, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to:
DBM Recruitment & Examination Department
301 West Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attention: S. Hudson
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by the closing date.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you have any questions concerning this recruitment, please call S. Hudson at 410-767-4910. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|