ACCOUNTANT LEAD SPECIALIZED
|Department||Maryland State Retirement and Pension Systems|
|Date Opened||10/8/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/23/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,476.00 - $79,203.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shirley Williams|
The Maryland State Retirement Agency is the administrator of the Maryland State Retirement and Pension System. The System is a multi-employer, public employees' benefit retirement system composed of twelve (12) separate retirement and pension systems with additional plan components, covering approximately 200,000 active members and more than 150,000 retirees and beneficiaries.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland State Retirement Agency
120 E. Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
The specific duties included but are not limited to:
- Investment Accounting month end closing, which require the verification and allocation of income to the Retirement Agency's participating Governmental Units.
- Track Investment income earned and expenses on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly Financial Statements
- Verify daily collateralization percentages for securities on loan.
- Verify track and create reports on management fees and profit sharing, which include the review of Annual Financial Reports for over two hundred and seventy five funds - some with currency conversions
- Prepares year-end reports for Retirement Agency's CAFR
- Strong analytical skills
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Four years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles to include two years performing advanced duties in the areas of cost accounting, systems accounting, federal fund accounting, or bond and loan accounting.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required general accounting experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required general accounting experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant auditing experience
- Experience in accounting reconciliations
- Experience developing policies and procedures
- Experience with Governmental Accounting Standard Board (GASB)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
Please visit the following website to apply: www.dbm.maryland.gov
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.