ACCOUNTANT SUPERVISOR I
FISCAL ACCOUNTS UNIT
|Department||MDA Administrative Services|
|Date Opened||3/5/2019 1:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/19/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,795.00 - $76,513.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Hazel Day|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of Agriculture Headquarter
50 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401
Main Purpose of Job
The incumbent of this position is a subject matter expert on examining, analyzing, modifying and maintaining agency accounting systems, and has full supervisory responsibility for one Accountant II position. Prepares financial reports, budget analyses, federal grants cost allocations and gives fiscal advice to agency management. Assists Fiscal Administrator with year-end-closing processes.
Responsible for cost allocations of various grants, bonds and capital accounts. Prepares and submits to federal agencies accounting records and other documentations for the reimbursement of federal grant. Maintain up to date records on grant awards and expenditures. Distributes grant monies.
Serves as agency subject matter expert for Financial Management Information System (FMIS), MDA internal database system, Web Focus and other accounting software.
Reviews program operating and capital budget submissions to determine adherence to established budgetary guidelines and procedures. Prepares finalized budget for submission to the Office of Budget Analysis (OBA) Yearend closing preparation.
Maintains appropriate backup files for audit.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Four years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of accounting experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. At least 2 year of experience managing month-end and year-end closing processes.
2. At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to Maryland Department of Agriculture, Human Resource Office, Room 304, 50 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401 . Paper application materials must be received by 4:30 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 443-602-9831 . Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions concerning this recruitment, please contact: Hazel Day at 410-841-5840 or email@example.com
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.