ACCOUNTANT SUPERVISOR II
Manager, Grants and Loans Accounting Division
|Department||MDE - Operational Services Administration|
|Date Opened||3/13/2019 09:40:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/27/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,897.00 - $81,680.00/year (State Salary Guideline apply)|
|HR Analyst||Olivia Finley|
The Operational Services Administration, Office of Fiscal Services is recruiting for an Accountant Supervisor II. This is a position specific recruitment for the Maryland Department of the Environment. This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies for this position/function only. The resulting cert list will be maintained for one year. Persons interested in future vacancies within this classification must re-apply.
This recruitment is only open to current Maryland State employees.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Office of Fiscal Services
1800 Washington Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Five years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles to include three years performing advanced duties in the areas of cost accounting, systems accounting, federal fund accounting, or bond and loan accounting.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required general accounting experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required general experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- Supervising a professional staff; Experience with the Federal Draw-down process;
- Experience filing and reconciling to FMIS and Federal Financial Reports (FFR's);
- Experience with accounting for Federal Indirect Cost Pools;
- Experience reconciling Federal payment systems to FMIS;
- Experience establishing an accounting structure (PCA's) in FMIS.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the state application. If you are unable to apply online or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation you may submit a paper application, required documentation, transcripts and addendums via fax 410-537-3966 or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Recruitment and Examination Division, 1800 Washington Blvd. Baltimore, MD 21230
Attention: Olivia Finley (Reference Number:19-004552-0002)
If you have questions about this recruitment, please contact Olivia Finley at 410-537-3105 email@example.com
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.