ACCOUNTANT SUPERVISOR II
|Department||Maryland State Retirement and Pension Systems|
|Date Opened||4/1/2019 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/15/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,897.00 - $81,680.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jacqueline Wallace|
The Maryland State Retirement Agency is the administrator of the Maryland State Retirement and Pension System. The System is a multi-employer, public employees’ benefit retirement system composed of twelve (12) separate retirement and pension systems with additional plan components, covering approximately 190,000 active members, 40,000 vested members, and more than 160,000 retires and beneficiaries.
The agency's Administration Division, Data Control Unit, has a permanent opening for an Accountant Supervisor II position.
LOCATION OF POSITION
120 East Baltimore Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Main Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for the following, but not limited to, these duties:
Plans and organizes the available resources to meet the goals of the Employer Reported Maintenance and Collection Group.
Supervises staff assigned to the Employer Reported Maintenance and Collection Group.
Develops and maintains written Group procedures.
Communicates effectively with internal and external customers. Interprets and develops expert level understanding of Pension Law and regulations as they relate to the Employer Reported Maintenance and Collection Group.
Special projects and other duties as assigned to assist the Data Control Unit in meeting its goals.
Participates in the recruitment, interviewing and hiring of new staff.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Five years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles to include three years performing advanced duties in the areas of cost accounting, systems accounting, federal fund accounting, or bond and loan accounting.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required general accounting experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required general experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Proficient in using Microsoft Excel (i.e. using pivot charts and formulas).
Two (2) years of experience performing complex reconciliations.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Due to the confidential nature of the work, selected candidates must undergo and pass a background check.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to:
DBM, Recruitment and Selection Division, 301 West Preston St., Room 608, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application must be received by the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the S. Hudson at 410-767-4910.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay