REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE ENGINEER/ARCHITECT SENIOR
|Department||MDE - Water and Science Administration (WSA)|
|Date Opened||3/13/2019 1:20:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/11/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,168-$75,803 with progression to $93,395. Salary guidelines apply to MD State Employees|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Lewis|
The Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE) is seeking to hire two Regulatory and Compliance Engineer Senior positions within the Water Management Administration/Dam Safety Division
This is a position specific recruitment for MDE. This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies for these positions/functions only. The resulting eligible list will be maintained for one year. Persons interested in future vacancies within this classification must re-apply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Water Management Administration/Dam Safety Division
1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of engineering or architectural experience in pollution control, waste remediation, resource conservation, environmental protection, or public health and safety to ensure regulatory or quality compliance with engineering/architectural standards, practices, principles and methods.
1. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with at least 20 credits in engineering and two years performing engineering architectural work in pollution control, waste remediation, resource conservation, environmental protection, public health and safety or related areas may be substituted for the engineering degree.
2. A Master’s degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university may be substituted for up to one year of the required experience.
3. Professional Engineer or Professional Architect registration in the State of Maryland or in a state with comparable requirements may be substituted for the educational requirement and one year of experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Engineering and Architecture classifications or Engineering and Architecture specialty codes in the Environmental field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- Experience inspecting existing dams, ponds, levees and similar structures;
- Experience inspecting the construction of dams, ponds, and levees;
- Experience performing hydrologic and hydraulic modeling using HEC-RAS 2D/DamBreak, HEC-2, HEC-1, HEC-HMS, HydroCad, TR-20, and GisHyrdo software;
- Experience designing or reviewing earthen dams for water supply, flood control, stormwater management, and tailings retention;
- Experience preparing or reviewing geotechnical reports, flood studies, stormwater management design reports, and dam breach analyses for dams and levees; Knowledge in seepage and slope stability analysis for dams and levees. Use of PCSTABL, Rockscience Slide, GeoSlope Slope/W and Seep/W, or similar software is desirable. Knowledge of dam construction standards such as ASTM, AASHTO, ACI, NRCS, and USACE;
- GIS experience (ArcMap);
- Good technical writing skills for preparing inspection reports, and developing policies and design criteria, especially as related to dam safety;
- Knowledge of Maryland's laws and regulations regarding dam design and construction;
- Experience instructing junior entry level engineers and planners;
- Good public speaking skills.
It is also preferred that the selected candidate has:
- A Bachelor's degree in Civil, Geotechnical, or Environmental Engineering;
- Be a licensed professional engineer in the State of Maryland or in a State with comparable requirements;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Your application is part of the examination process. The assessment will be a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of this position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified or Qualified and placed on the cert list for at least one year. This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees.
Education credentials and experience verification will be completed by the Appointing Authority. If you are scheduled to complete an education or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process, if one is required. Please note that you will be required by the appointing agency to provide proof upon hire of all certifications, licenses, educational and work experiences.
The MD Department of the Environment does not sponsor individuals in the application of the H-1B Visa. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you apply. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
It is STRONGLY preferred that you apply online; however, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person to:
Tammy Lewis, Manager, Recruitment and Examination Division
Office of Human Resources
MDE Reference Number:19-004593-0002
1800 Washington Blvd. Baltimore, MD 21230
Office: 410-537-3130 Fax: 410-537-3966
Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and reference number on any documentation to ensure timely processing. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the state application.
You may email required documentation, transcripts and addendums to email@example.com or fax to 410-537-3966.
The MD State Application Form can be found online.
PLEASE NOTE: The Maryland Department of the Environment participates in the E-Verify Program. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|