PSCS Social Worker I, Criminal Justice
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Institution For Women|
|Date Opened||3/4/2019 08:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/8/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,898.00 - $71,671.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Thomasine Johnson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Correctional Institution-Women (Jessup, Maryland)
Metropolitan Transition Center (Baltimore, Maryland)
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to provide the full range of social work services to adult inmates housed in correctional facility within the Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services.
Provides clinical case management services and develops comprehensive aftercare plans for special needs inmates due to be released.
Provides individual counseling for crisis intervention as assigned.
Provides psycho social assessments for inmates referred for medical parole and court ordered addiction assessments.
Conducts therapeutic/didactic groups with a cognitive-behavioral theory base to the general inmate population.
Provides re-entry resources to inmates due to released.
Education: Determined by the State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a Graduate Social Worker (on or before June 30, 2018), Master Social Worker (on or after July 1, 2018), Certified Social Worker or Certified Social Worker-Clinical by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to appointment to a position in State service. Applicants who do not have a license may also apply pending receipt of the required license. When the license is obtained, submit a copy to the hiring department.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the hiring department. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
2. Employees must complete an approved training program in group counseling techniques.
3. Employees may be required to complete the Level I Counseling course certified by the Maryland AIDS Professional Education Center.
4. Employees required to qualify for and successfully complete the Entry Level Training Academy operated by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete supplemental questionnaire. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
To submit qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
300 E. Joppa Road, Suite 1000
Towson, MD 21286
Attn: T. Johnson
For more information, please call 410-339-4214.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.