HR OFFICER I (045462)
|Department||DHCD - Office of Management Services|
|Date Opened||8/7/2019 11:27:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,669.00 - $56,417/year (Grade 15, Base-Step 9 with promotional growth to $69,505)|
|HR Analyst||Kathleen Hubbard|
This a Skilled Service position with State of Maryland benefits
Work that matters. The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is a national leader in the financing and development of affordable housing and community development lending. The Office of Human Resources is a dynamic team that assists the agency’s internal and external customers with all aspects of employment and transformation human resources activities. We are seeking a talented, motivated individual who will assist with managing the day-to-day operations of Human Resources for DHCD.
LOCATION OF POSITION
The Department of Housing and Community Development Headquarters is located in Prince George's County across from the New Carrollton Metro stop.
Experience: Two years of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation, job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation.
2. Paraprofessional personnel work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel related rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, conducting employee orientation and counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations and responding to inquiries concerning employment procedures.
3. Thirty graduate credit hours from an accredited college or university in the fields of HR/personnel administration, human resources management, business administration, public administration, statistics, tests and measurements, psychology or a related field may be substituted for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field
- HR Professional Certification
- One year professional experience utilizing Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and applicant tracking systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Google mail and Microsoft Office - Excel
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please note: The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees, all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. However, if you wish to submit a paper application, you may mail your application and materials to:
Mrs. Kathleen Hubbard,
Department of Housing and Community Development,
Office of Human Resources,
7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD 20706.
All application materials must be received by the filing deadline. If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please send via email to Kathleen.Hubbard@maryland.gov. Please include the following information in the body of the email:
Attn: Mrs. Kathleen Hubbard, HR Coordinator
Your First and Last Name
Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment
Incorrect application forms, or resumes in place of the application, will not be accepted. If you are interested in these positions and cannot apply online please fill out the paper application. For questions concerning these positions, please call 301-429-7418.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.