HR OFFICER II
Promotion and Examination HR Analyst
|Department||Department of Public Safety and Correctional Svcs|
|Date Opened||1/17/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/31/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,477.00 - $74,191.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Alicia Coleman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
300 E. Joppa Road
Towson, MD 21286
Main Purpose of Job
The HR Officer II position is significant to the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Service’s(DPSCS), Promotion & Examination Unit. This position manages projects with advanced level professional work in the administration of HR programs in the State Personnel Management System (SPMS). Serving in the Promotion & Examination Recruitment Unit, this position directs the project management of multiple processes involved with entry level hiring and promotional activities on a large scale. Performing full cycle recruitment processes, duties include performing as the administrator of employment and promotional examinations, the coordinator of interviews, and the administrator of assigned Correctional Officer promotional processes.
- Manages multiple recruitment assignments in various stages of the full recruitment cycle
- Follows laws and policies for posting job announcements, completing the application review process, administering employment and promotional examinations and coordinating and directing the interview process
- Monitors vacancy reports for assigned recruitments to determine the method and process for posting the job announcement for the best results to attract qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions
- Creates Workday requisitions in order to begin the recruitment process
- Creates requisitions and conducts the full recruitment process in JobAps including creating the certified list
- Coordinates subject matter expert meetings with the Manager to review the recruitment process, the timeline and other factors to strategically plan for a successful outcome to fill vacant positions
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.