HR OFFICER III
|Department||DPSCS Division of Correction Headquarters|
|Date Opened||2/11/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,795.00 - $76,513.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Oluwafemi Ebilene|
LOCATION OF POSITION
13800 McMullen Hwy SW Cumberland, MD 21502
Main Purpose of Job
This position functions as the Supervisor of the Human Resources Operational Services Unit for the Cumberland Region. This office serves as a liaison between RPOC, Institutional Administrators and Supervisors and the staff within this facilities on all Human Resources issues. This position requires vast knowledge of Federal, State, Departmental rules, regulations and standards.
Reviews applications and resumes for appropriate classifications and to rank candidates;
Prepares job advertisements for local and national publications; and plans and conducts special recruiting activities at job fairs and on college campuses;
Reviews Vacancy Downgrade within Same Series list to determine if applicable to vacant position, evaluates the propriety of re-class and acting capacity requests; documents justification for class and salary actions;
Conducts job analysis studies to identify the job characteristics, and performs statistical analysis to assess the validity, reliability, readability, difficulty and impartiality of selection instruments;
Recommends new or changes to existing HR related processes, policies and procedures to increase efficiency and accomplish established HR administration goals and objectives; and
Other duties as assigned.
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation, job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation.
2. Paraprofessional personnel work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel-related rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, conducting employee orientation, counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations, and responding to inquiries concerning employment procedures.
3. Thirty graduate credit hours from an accredited college or university in the fields of HR/personnel administration, human resources management, business administration, public administration, statistics, tests and measurements, psychology or a related field may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in human resources management classifications or human resources management specialty codes in the human resources management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following. Include Clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification(s):
One year of supervision experience; and
One year of experience working with federal and state laws to include FMLA,ADA,EEO AND Employee Relations.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
This vacancy is limited to applicants who are willing to work in Allegany County.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to obtain certification in State Personnel Management System policies and procedures and in the functionality of the Statewide Personnel System from the Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, Department of Budget and Management within six months from the time of appointment to the position. Employees are also required to obtain recertification every six months thereafter.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to
Attn: DPSCS HRSD Oluwafemi Ebilene, 300 East Joppa Road, Suite 1000, Towson, MD 21286. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Oluwafemi Ebilene at Recruitment, Examination & Retention Unit -410-339-4219.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|