HR ADMINISTRATOR I
HUMAN RESOURCES SUPERVISOR
|Department||LABOR - Office of Administration|
|Date Opened||9/6/2019 3:25:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/20/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,687.00 - $68,529/with potential growth up to $84,552.00 year|
|HR Analyst||Tenisha Tunstall|
The Maryland Department of Labor, Office of Administration, is accepting applications for an HR Administrator I position. This position will supervise Human Resource teams assigned to specific Divisions within Department of Labor.
This recruitment is limited to current employees in Maryland State government.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Supervises assigned human resources professional and paraprofessional staff in areas including recruitment, hiring, training, performance reviews, timesheets and disciplinary action.
2. Manages recruitment, classification, and compensation programs to ensure team meets performance goals.
3. Conducts strategic planning with program leadership to address program's initiatives.
4. Consults with HR Director, Office of Administration Executive Director, Budget Manager and key stakeholders regarding the program's operations.
5. Creates reports documenting workflow, ensuring records are maintained and updated as needed.
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation, job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation.
1. Professional HR management work in the areas of recruitment and selection, classification, salary administration, employee relations, test development and validation or as a generalist may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Paraprofessional personnel work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel-related rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, conducting employee orientation and counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations and responding to inquiries concerning employment procedures.
3. Thirty graduate credit hours from an accredited college or university in the fields of HR/personnel administration, business administration, public administration, statistics, tests and measurements, psychology or a related field may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in human resources management classifications or human resources management specialty codes in the human resources management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year of the qualifying work experience must have included using JobAps and Workday to complete HR processes.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualifications:
Classification and compensation experience
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications must be submitted and received by the closing date.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, you may submit the paper application and supplemental questionnaire via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing. If you are not applying online, the paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. The address is:
Maryland Department of Labor, Office of Administration
Attn: Tenisha Tunstall 19-004918-0007
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information, please contact Tenisha Tunstall at 410-767-2772 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Labor is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Department of Labor that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|