INDUSTRIES REPRESENTATIVE II
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Enterprises|
|Date Opened||7/2/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/18/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,053.00 - $65,138.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jacob Rolon|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Essential Job Functions and Other Assigned Duties
· Develops and implements specific marketing projects designed to promote Maryland Correctional Enterprises’ products and services
· Plans conventions and tradeshows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating travel arrangements, managing an inventory of tradeshow products, selecting literature and supplies and ordering all booth services
· Serves as the liaison between marketing and sales, design, and customer service departments
· Assists in the development and updating of marketing materials by writing compelling content, proofreading and maintaining brand consistency
· Conducts market research on new and existing products
· Updates website content such as news features and company information
· May prepare speeches, reports or demonstrations for the use of other departments and key stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of principles of marketing, to include basic market research techniques, email marketing, copy writing, and pricing
· Knowledge of methods and techniques of product promotion
· Ability to apply the principles of marketing in the planning and implementation of surveys, market analysis, promotional campaigns or product development
· Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
· Experience: Two years of experience in marketing
Applicants may substitute 30 credits of graduate education from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience
Additional experience in the area of marketing, consumer behavior, market research, advertising, or communications may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in business and industry classification or business and industry specialty codes in the marketing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Event planning experience
1 year of project management experience
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Please make sure that you provide complete and accurate information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: J. Rolon
300 East Joppa Road, Suite 1107
Towson, MD 21286
For more information, please call 410-339-3695
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.