MSD REGISTERED NURSE
|Department||MD School for Deaf - Columbia - Educational Svc.|
|Date Opened||10/11/2019 4:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$45,545.00 - $72,910.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Emily Hicks|
Maryland School for the Deaf (MSD) is a diverse, bilingual community that, in partnership with families, provides an equitable and exemplary education in a nurturing, engaging, and challenging environment to ensure our students achieve personal excellence and become lifelong learners.
The MSD nurse is responsible for providing health care for the students and to act as health care liaison between the parents and the school.
This is an 11 month, school year position. Nurses do not work when school is closed during winter break, spring break, and during the summer months. The salary range reflects the 11 month work schedule.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Registered Nurses.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Fluency in American Sign Language.
2. Experience working with young children either in a school or hospital setting.
3. 1-2 years experience of school or community nursing.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
2. Employees in the classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with the Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
3. Candidates must be willing to learn American Sign Language and become conversational within two years.
4. New hires are subject to a criminal background investigation at their own expense (Maryland Code, Family Law Article 1, Sections 5-560 – 5-568)
5. Candidates will need to provide three letters of recommendation.