MSD REGISTERED NURSE
|Department||MD School for Deaf - Columbia - Educational Svc.|
|Date Opened||11/25/2019 08:25:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/9/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$45,545.00 - $72,910.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Emily Hicks|
Maryland School for the Deaf (MSD) is a diverse, bilingual community that, in partnership with families, provides an equitable and exemplary education in a nurturing, engaging, and challenging environment to ensure our students achieve personal excellence and become lifelong learners.
The MSD nurse is responsible for providing health care for the students and to act as health care liaison between the parents and the school.
This is an 11 month, school year position. Nurses do not work when school is closed during winter break, spring break, and during the summer months. The salary range reflects the 11 month work schedule.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Registered Nurses.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Fluency in American Sign Language.
2. Experience working with young children either in a school or hospital setting.
3. 1-2 years experience of school or community nursing.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
2. Employees in the classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with the Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
3. Candidates must be willing to learn American Sign Language and become conversational within two years.
4. New hires are subject to a criminal background investigation at their own expense (Maryland Code, Family Law Article 1, Sections 5-560 – 5-568)
5. Candidates will need to provide three letters of recommendation.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
Mailing Address: Maryland School for the Deaf Recruitment Department, P. O. Box 894, Columbia, MD 21044
Phone: 410-696-3031, TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
If you encounter difficulty, you may submit via mail, e-mail, fax, or deliver in person before the closing date and time. Please include your name and recruitment number on any documentation to ensure timely processing. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Additional or supplemental information must be submitted by the closing date and time.
Individuals from traditionally underserved and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|