MCE OFFICER TRAINEE Production
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Enterprises|
|Date Opened||6/17/2019 5:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/17/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,289.00 - $58,965.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Erin Alston|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is located inside of a Correctional Facility:
Jessup Correctional Institution
7800-7899 House of Correction Road
Jessup, MD 20794
Main Purpose of Job
The incumbent is responsible for training and supervising an inmate work force in the operation of a manufacturing plant and the production of furniture. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for assigned production process operating with full independence and reviewing the work of trainers.
- Train inmate workers in the production methods of furniture and wood products.
- Supervise inmate workers in a actual performance of the production process from determining raw material needs to preparation for shipping.
- Set up and break down of various machinery.
- Train/Supervise inmates in the proper use of production machinery.
- Responsible for reviewing inmate workers progress and proposing pay raises when applicable.
- Trains and instructs inmates in Fire Safety, Equipment Safety and Personal Safety as it relates to their trade.
- Responsible for distributing tools to inmate workers and collecting the same tools at the end of the shift.
- Participates in inmate head count at beginning and end of shift as well as lunch periods.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One (1) year of experience in furniture production.
1. Specific educational requirements and other selection standards are set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code and are listed in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01.2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Selected candidate must successfully complete a background investigation.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Your application may be approved pending receipt of the evaluation. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide all the experience and education that is related to this position completely and accurately. Verifiable volunteer experience will be considered. Please include it on your application, if applicable. This recruitment does not require any additional materials to be uploaded with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application to:
Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services
Human Resources Services Division
300 East Joppa Road, 10th Floor
Towson, MD 21286
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Erin Alston at firstname.lastname@example.org
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.