MCE OFFICER TRAINEE Food Processing
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Enterprises|
|Date Opened||7/10/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/24/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,118.00 - $63,480.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Gabriella Huth|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Supervises inmate workers in actual performance of the production process and determining raw material needs to prepare for shipping.
- Set up and breakdown various machines.
- Train/instruct inmates in proper use of production machinery.
- Must be able to produce quality finished product from raw materials.
- Inspects work in progress and finished goods.
- Responsible for distributing tools to inmate workers and collecting tools at the end of shift.
- Maintain accurate records and location of all equipment.
- Must demonstrate full knowledge of Hazard analysis and Critical control points (HAACP).
- Must demonstrate full knowledge of sanitation and operational procedures (SOP).
- Maintains procedures for tool control and toxic or hazardous materials.
- Responsible for assigned production process operating with full independence and reviewing the work of trainees.
- Trains inmate workers in production methods of a specific product.
- Responsible for reviewing inmate worker progress and proposing pay raises when applicable.
- Must complete apprenticeship evaluation forms.
- Must set production needs when supervisor is absent.
- Trains and instructs in fire safety,equipment safety and personal safety as related to their trade.
- Participates in inmate counts during the shift.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience as a Correctional Officer
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.