MCE PLANT MANAGER
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Enterprises|
|Date Opened||6/17/2019 3:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/17/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Starting salary $51,152.00 (With potential growth to $82,089.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Erin Alston|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Correctional Institution for Women
7943 Brock Bridge Rd
Jessup, MD 20794
Main Purpose of Job
- Plan and schedule production operations; coordinate the delivery of finished products to customers.
- Determine and control quality standards and quantity of production; establish economic production standards
- Plan for and implement the production of new or modified products in response to frequently changing market trends and customer needs;
- Estimates material costs and requirements
- Guide and instruct MCE Supervisors in the production of trade items on various equipment; and inspects shop facilities to determine efficiency of operations and training for inmates in adherence to policies and regulations
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience involving the training and supervision of employees in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of apparel manufacturing and production methods from sourcing raw materials to cutting (Pattern-making, cutting, sewing and quality control).
- Knowledge of production machinery. (Textile machines – Sewing Threading, knitting, cutting; needle exchange, oiling; Embroidery machines – Threading, needle exchange, oiling; textile and garment pressers - Steam Irons/Pressing tables.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Office Suite.
- Experience troubleshooting mechanical problems that hinder the flow of production is not required, but is a plus.
- Higher education in textile-related fields is desired.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is unavailable, you may submit a paper application to:
Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services
Human Resources Services Division
300 East Joppa Road, 10th Floor
Towson, MD 21286
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Erin Alston at firstname.lastname@example.org
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.