MCE OFFICER Production
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Enterprises|
|Date Opened||10/11/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/4/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$45,874.00 - $67,744.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Gabriella Huth|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Maintains control and discipline among the inmate workers by enforcing safety, sanitary and security regulations;
- Provides on-the-job training in relation to the use of high powered, industrial machinery;
- Keeps continual count of inmates;
- Enforces rules of conduct and security and labor standards by issuing verbal admonishments for minor infractions and making reports of significant violations or irregularities to superiors;
- Remains alert at all times in order to assist in preventing any acts of sabotage or breaches of security;
- Plans and coordinates production operations;
- Prepares material estimates, production records and other written reports concerning shop operations;
- Provides training in work functions of a specific shop and explains the purpose and use of tools, equipment and materials to inmates;
- Keeps records of materials and supplies used;
- Evaluates the work progress of inmates;
- Inspects completed work and work in progress for adherence to job orders and production standards;
- Supervises the maintenance of shop areas, tools and equipment;
- Performs other related duties.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Two Years of experience operating high-powered, industrial machinery in a manufacturing setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.