A/D Supervised Counselor Provisional
|Department||MDH Local Health- Kent County|
|Date Opened||3/12/2019 10:43:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/26/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$31,082.00 - $39,827.00/year, with potential growth to $48,665.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Roderick Howard II|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH/Kent County Health Department, Kent County Behavioral Health Center/Whitsitt Center, Chestertown, Maryland
Main Purpose of Job
This position will provide substance abuse counseling and case management services to consumers with substance use disorders, as well as those with other problems. This position will be responsible for various duties, such as providing assessments, treatment planning and case management for consumers; documenting consumer-related information; entering all clinical data into an Electronic Health Record; and providing consumers with the appropriate level of care and referrals for needs outside of scope and expertise, based on results from assessments completed by consumers.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists, under the requirements for Alcohol and Drug Trainees. A copy of your college transcripts should accompany your application. Transcripts may be unofficial.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The desired candidate should be willing to learn how to establish and maintain a therapeutic relationship with consumers with substance use disorders, as well as their families. He/she should also be able to work flexible hours, evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
The desired candidate should be able to meet the requirements, in accordance with Health Occupations Title 17, to obtain certification.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. In accordance with Health Occupations Title 17 and Code of Maryland Regulations 10.58.07, employees in this classification must apply for, and receive, a letter of authorization to practice as a trainee, from the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists, within 90 days of their date of hire.
2. In accordance with Health Occupations Title 17, employees in this classification must also successfully obtain certification from the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists as a Certified Supervised Counselor, Alcohol and Drug, within one year of meeting the experience requirement for a Certified Supervised Counselor, Alcohol and Drug.
3. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing, in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
2. Employees in this classification perform the work in a Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) or a Maryland State Certified Addictions program.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application, based on your education, training and experience, as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
Please report all related education, experience, dates, and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this, or other, State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to, 410-333-5689. Only additional materials which are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division, at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service, at 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.